I coach parents from all over the world via FaceTime, phone or Skype. Most just sign up on my website but some email me with a few questions before taking the leap. I have been doing this since 2007 and have helped thousands of families through everything from diaper rash to suicidal teens.
Humour is a huge part of my existence and I believe it’s a wonderful way to keep a positive attitude. I’ve laughed with parents going through some horrendous crises as it’s so important to stay positive.
My style may be humour based but my approach is very direct as I’m extremely results focused. I’m a problem solver. I will only ask you to do what I think you are ready to do. I encourage emails between sessions so you know I’m with you throughout the entire coaching experience.
There is no judgement, we are a team working toward a goal. We are focused on nothing but positive results in the shortest time possible. If you have a cheeky toddler you will probably see results in the first week or two. If you have a problematic relationship with a teenager that’s going to take longer.
What you need to know before signing up:
- Humour is encouraged, guilt is discouraged. One builds you up, the other drags you down.
- You are the focus, not your children. You will learn how to stop reacting and start leading.
- We focus on the future, not the past. (Most clients struggle with this as want to tell me all about their past problems thinking that will help. That would be like a business coach focusing on how you went bankrupt rather than teaching you how to make millions.)
- You learn the most from your mistakes as we go along. If you don’t make any mistakes, you will be the first.
- Things usually get worse before they get better as the kids will test your new parenting style.
- Success will appear in bursts but don’t let down your guard as real change takes time.
- Once you have mutual respect cemented in the family, you can just relax and enjoy. You can even be friends with your kids. But remember your #1 role is ALWAYS the parent.
I have 3 coaching session packages. The 3 and 5 session packages include UNLIMITED EMAILS between sessions so I’m with you all along your journey:
“For the first time I feel proud of how my children act.” … Shiloh, New Jersey
“I was all threats & no action before. Now I know how to follow through & my daughter listens to me..” … Lena, Seattle
“My husband & I are finally on the same page. Parenting is easier & there is less stress in our marriage.” … Carol, Vancouver
Lisa Bunnage, Parenting Coach