BratBusters Parenting Services Inc.
Respect is EVERYTHING!
Raising Happy Kids with High Self-Esteem
“For the first time I feel proud of how my children act.” … Shiloh, New Jersey
“I was all threats and no action before. Now I know how to follow through and my daughter listens to me..” … Lena, Seattle
“My husband and I are finally on the same page. Parenting is easier and there is less stress in our marriage.” … Carol, Vancouver
These are just a few of the parents who just finished the “4 Week Parenting Program”. It’s very exciting seeing the change in parents, knowing that they are enjoying their children more and have less stress in their lives.
Top 10 Tips on how to get Respect:
- Focus more on listening rather than lecturing
- Be consistent & predictable
- Don’t threaten what you can’t follow through on
- Punish by limiting the unhealthy/unnecessary things (video games, chocolate, etc.)
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Manners are ALWAYS big stuff
- Have fun with your children as that bonding stuff lasts a lifetime
- Stay calm and controlled, especially when disciplining
- Forgive and forget, don’t keep reminding them of their past negative behaviour
- If you mess up and yell or are late or are inconsistent, apologize to your children (sets a great example)
If you would like to join other parents in learning how to Take Control to Get Respect, please check out my “Parenting Programs”.Vancouver, BC, Canada Office: 604-944-7479 Email: Lisa@BratBusters.com